woensdag 23 oktober 2013

A glimpse of the future


In 1972 I had a near death-experience. In the loneliness of a hospital room, when I thought that my life was finished, I suddenly saw a tunnel with a bright light at the end of it. First I got frightened, because I didn’t know what was going on, but soon I felt quiet and peaceful, as if I was touched by the very powerful love of someone who stood beside me. I couldn’t see anybody, but after a while I came aware of his thoughts – His thoughts, because I realized it was Jesus who stood beside me. His love was so extremely powerful, that I was afraid that I couldn’t bear it.
I had endless talks with Him. He showed me the life that I had led and my struggles to overcome my fears. He also talked to me about the present and comforted me, because I was crying all the time. I felt a deep, immense sadness – not by His presence, for He took me in His arms, but because my heart was touched by the overwhelming, heavenly warmth of His love; I felt completely immersed in the light of His wisdom.
In the weeks after this experience strange things happened. I can remember that I was sitting behind an electric typewriter and suddenly knew the ideas of the person who had designed it, as if I could see the blueprint of that machine. There were also moments when I could see a glimpse of the spiritual world – angels and dark spirits who influenced the world of the living. But there was one thing that was still unclear to me: I wanted to know my future and my task in this life. I had to wait five years until that last piece of the puzzle was revealed. And just like my near death-experience, it came all of a sudden, when I was alone and in broad daylight.
November 1977. I was sitting in the living room of my small apartment and felt sad. After a quarrel with one of my best friends he didn’t want to see me anymore. That made me so angry that I put a curse on him. It was not a kind of swearing, like many people do, but a real curse that I spoke with the intention to harm him. Of course that was stupid, especially because I knew very well that there’s a spiritual world and that evil thoughts can hurt others. But what I didn’t realize was that my curse had damaged myself in the first place: I was not able to write anymore, for my creativity was gone. Terrible!
I felt guilty and prayed for forgiveness, for what I had done was disgusting. When I had finished my prayers on that cloudy, windy November afternoon, I suddenly saw pictures of a large church: thousands of people were attending a sermon. Broad beams of sunlight fell on the marble floor, and on a small platform stood a minister. I guess he was about 70 years old, but he preached nevertheless with great enthusiasm. The man wore a gold-coloured spectacle with round glasses. The churchgoers listened with great interest to what he was saying.
When I looked at the minister, I noticed that he looked familiar to me. I wondered who he was, but then I heard someone saying: ”Look again, look very carefully!” I focused on the man, and then I knew who he was: it was me! I saw myself at the age of about 68 or maybe 70 years old, preaching in a large church that was chock full. People were sitting and standing everywhere, even in the aisles. They had brought their children with them and were cheerful, almost excited.
I don’t know how to describe it, but what I felt was that the old boundaries or curtains between this world and the spiritual one had disappeared. There was a direct contact between the people in the church and the angels and good spirits in the spiritual world; in fact they were one! That was also the main reason for the joy of the churchgoers. The minister was no more than a kind of instrument that was inspired by God’s kingdom to encourage and comfort his congregation. You could say that the ‘roof’ of the church had disappeared; that means that all people of good will were directly inspired by the forces of heaven. I felt that they represented the majority of the world population at that time. There was still evil on earth, but its power was slowly decreasing.

Moreover I realized that I was only one of the many ministers who preached the gospel: everywhere on Earth there was this feeling of expectation, of joy and grace. That coincided with a great renewal of the churches and with a powerful spiritual revival like this world has never seen before,.  
When I had that experience, I was only 24. Nowadays I’m 60. That means that I saw pictures of the near future – 8 or 10 years from now. The events I saw may happen between 2021 and 2023. But I cannot stress enough that I do not make any claim that this is the one and only truth about our future. What I do want to say is that this is a possibility – a possibility of which I hope that it will become our reality in the near future. God only knows if these things will really happen.  

5 opmerkingen:

  1. I pray to Yeshua that His return might be soon. His return in spiritual meaning which can enlighten the materialistic world. Then the truth will no longer be dismissed but embraced!

    Rabbi, Melech HaMashiach Yeshua is the Truth!

    [rabbi = meester, great one; melech = koning; hamashiach = de gezalfde]

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. What an amazing testimony to the power, love, and grace of our Lord! Your story so moved me and filled me with joy and hope. So glad I "caught" this on Twitter and will sign up to follow you here at your blog.
    Peace and blessings!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you, Martha, for your reaction. Indeed, the power and love of our Lord are immeasurable. It's good to hear that this story filled you with joy and hope. For me it's a beautiful perspective, because it shows that this world with all its sorrows will become a much better place, and that the walls between the churches will disappear someday: they will become one again, just like they were meant to be.

      May God bless you and guide you, I wish you all the best!

      Verwijderen
  3. I have read near death and have heard stories directly from patients who have experienced it...and each time, it amazes me because the recounts are consistent ~ tunnel, light at the end and the presence of Someone ~ love is felt...

    I do believe in good and bad spirits lurking in our midst. Your sharing has brought me so much hope ~ there lies my faith in life after death.

    Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Seeing what your future would be like is an additional gift.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Thanks a lot for your response, Melissa. Yes, near-death stories mostly contain a number of key elements. For me it was an experience that changed my life completely. That's also the case for others who I spoke to because they had a similar experience. Sometimes I can still feel the presence of good and evil spirits, especially when I'm tired.

    It's a message of hope - true, although I guess that this is only a fragment of the whole story about the return of Christ and the events that will happen then. About the events that will precede this (at least, I guess so), I had a secondary vision. Nevertheless the result of all this is very postive; I'm quite sure of that.

    Thanks for your reply; I wish you all the best. May God bless you for everything you do for others.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen